I will provide you with a a clear vinyl pouch for all pens and pencils.
• Sketch book #1: 5 x 8” to 8 x 10”: 100 to 180 lb. paper with slight “tooth” (texture). DO NOT use Watercolor paper—the surface is too rough. Stillman & Birn Alpha or Beta series is the best quality, or Visual Journal with a “mixed media” surface.
• Sketch book #2: Strathmore Toned (tan or gray) sketch paper, 5.5 x 8.5 (or similar, with tan or gray tint)
- Black Micron pen, size .08 (waterproof)
- Black Faber-Castell B (brush tip) or SB (Small Brush tip) pen (waterproof)
- Caran d’Ache Supracolor brand Aquarelle (water soluble) pencils:, about 8 colors: burnt sienna, olive green, indigo, red, purple, orange, teal, yellow ochre. Optional: sky blue, golden yellow, bright green.
- a rainbow pencil (not water-soluble), which produces different colors as you turn it.
- a pencil sharpener with container for shavings
- Waterbrush with a hollow barrel (medium or large tip) to fill with water, used to liquify the pigment in aquarelle pencil strokes.
- Optional: view-finder, Uni-ball Signo white gel pen. Looks like a ball-point pen, used for opaque white lines on tinted paper. Prismacolor white pencil (NOT water-soluble) for tinted paper..
Recommended art supply stores:
Rileystreet in San Rafael, CA.
FLAX in San Francisco (Fort Mason Center) and Oakland
ARCH in San Francisco